Monday 5 November 2012

A prayer I found on the floor


Last Sunday I invited some young people to pray, and to write their prayers down, in various different ways. Afterwards I discovered this prayer scribbled on a piece of paper, and I loved it. So here it is - whoever wrote it - thank you.

Pray.
For the people of the world,
People of thirst,
People who’s bowels are moved with love and pain,
People who dig in the soil for roots that aren’t there,
For the people of all colours, and sexes, and situations,
Pray.
People who are gay,
People who are discriminated against,
People who live with rampant disease and turmoil,
We pray for them.
For the hungry,
For the hopeful,
For those alone in a crowd,
We pray for you.
We pray for confidence, for reassurance,
For those we love and cherish.
Pray for those who have lost their homes,
Their children,
Their purpose.
Lord, hear your children calling.
Give to them what you have given unto me:

Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment