Wednesday 2 April 2014

My Dad Gets a Pleasant Surprise (Weird Story #1)

As promised (in the previous blog), this is a weird story. This one is from my Dad, and I think it happened last summer. To be honest this is a great place to start because if there is one person in the whole world who I can vouch for their honesty, my Dad is genuinely number one on that list. I also love that he wrote it like a cool slightly arty short story so you don’t get bored! Enjoy…

***

"I just want to thank you.  They are so much better."
"Wow. Thanks. That's great. But it really wasn't me."

When she found me it was the second surprise of the morning.  The first was being grabbed by my vicar as I settled into a pew just as the service was about to start.  "We're going to offer prayer for healing today.  Are you okay to help with that?  You can go with Gemma."  I was a bit thrown.  I'd never been part of a healing service, but why not pray for people?  And I could just copy whatever my partner in prayer had been told to do.  So I said "Okay."

And when the time came, we placed our hands on the first person who came to us and Gemma prayed, and by the end of her prayer, I could think of no different words of my own, and queues had formed in front of all four pairs of pray-ers round the church, so I suggested we split and prayed one-on-one.  And after several others, the woman was there.  She had been waiting in line, and described the pain in both wrists that made it hurt just to move them, so I asked the God who cares about us that he might make it easier for her to move and do stuff without pain.  She thanked me and went back to her seat.

Ten minutes after the service ended, as the building buzzed with coffee and chat, I was surprised she'd searched me out.
"I just want to thank you.  They are so much better" she smiled, as she rotated her wrists in front of me.
"Wow. Thanks. That's great. But it really wasn't me."

***


So there you go. If you’re curious about anything and want to ask him a question, he's so cool that he's got facebook, so you can message him - https://www.facebook.com/steve.hood.39904?fref=ts - or his email is steve@accel.org.uk - genuinely feel free!  If you’re not curious then, well… why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment